Scaffolding is an educational technique used to build links for learners. Scaffolding in learning is a process in which the difficult task of learning has been facilitated.
The advantages of scaffolding are:
- Easy to understand.
- All learners actively participate in the learning process.
- Scaffolding reduces the learner’s frustrations.
- Quality in teaching and more productivity.
Disadvantages of scaffolding are:
- Waste of time.
- A longer process may confuse the learner.
- More emphasis towards finishing subjects.
- Training in each department is difficult.